- A dating site for singles looking for a serious relationship
- Matching methods are quite precise and specific
- Claims to have millions of members worldwide
- Premium accounts have better access to user profiles
- Design is quite simple and easy to navigate
- Dating site has been matching singles for 20+ years
- You can browse profiles even without signing up for an account
- You have the choice to send your Match profile to one of the dating site’s sister sites to increase matches
- Sending messages is a paid feature
- Dating site has over 8 million premium members worldwide
- Personality survey for highly compatible matches
- Profiles are verified by Customer Care
- Limited functionality without a paid membership
- 82% of the members are university educated
- Over 90% of members aged 30+
What are Personals?
An online dating site allows you to upload a profile, often for free initially, and search and browse other member's profiles seeking someone of interest. On most sites you can filter searches based on multiple criteria, for example height, education and if someone has children or not, to find someone who has the characteristics that most appeal to you.
Often you can send a 'kiss', 'wink', or 'smile' to another member for free to indicate that you may be interested in making contact with them. To communicate further, you generally need to buy a paid membership and costs are mostly very reasonable for this.
Why Choose Personals?
Peronals are great for singles looking to meet new people, date and also for those seeking a longer term relationship.
You can usually get started quickly compared to other sites such as matchmaking services as you can search for and contact members immediately rather than wait for match suggestions.
If you are quite relaxed about online dating and have the time to search and browse profiles, personals offer enable you to check out a large number of potential matches to find those you feel you'll click with.
How Do Personals Differ from Other Sites?
Personals appeal to a broad range of people with a number of different objectives. Some will be seeking new friends, many will be looking to date and see what happens and a lot wil be seeking a longer term relationship. Unlike matchmaker services which are usually based on a personality survey that is used to identify highly compatible matches for primarily long term relationships, or casual dating sites which are usually for individuals seeking adult fun and encounters, personals are a little more relaxed.
What are the Benefits of Personals?
- Usually they have high membership bases so you'll have plenty of choice
- You can search and browse other member's profiles based on specific criteria important to you
- Most sites will have some form of free messaging to gauge interest from other members before paying